RVTools 3.7 is here!
It has been a year since the last version. This weekend Rob de Vey finally released RVTools 3.7.
With over 400.000 downloads so far, this is for sure the most used free health check tool that exists. And there is a good reason for it, it is most definitely also one of the bests tools that can provide valuable insights.
RVTools is a windows .NET 2.0 application which uses the VI SDK to display information about your virtual machines and ESX hosts. RVTools is able to list information about VMs, CPU, Memory, Disks, Partitions, Network, Floppy drives, CD drives, Snapshots, VMware tools, Resource pools, Clusters, ESX hosts, HBAs, Nics, Switches, Ports, Distributed Switches, Distributed Ports, Service consoles, VM Kernels, Datastores, Multipath info and health checks. With RVTools you can disconnect the cd-rom or floppy drives from the virtual machines and RVTools is able to update the VMware Tools installed inside each virtual machine to the latest version.
Make sure to follow RVTools on twitter for any updates.
This application interacting with VirtualCenter 2.5, ESX Server 3.5, ESX Server 3i, VirtualCenter 4.x, ESX Server 4.x, VirtualCenter 5.0, VirtualCenter Appliance, ESX Server 5.0, VirtualCenter 5.1, ESX Server 5.1, VirtualCenter 5.5, ESX Server 5.5.
Latest Version: 3.7 | March, 2015
Download | Documentation
• VI SDK reference changed from 5.0 to 5.5
• Extended the timeout value from 10 to 20 minutes for really big environments
• New field VM Folder on vCPU, vMemory, vDisk, vPartition, vNetwork, vFloppy, vCD, vSnapshot and vTools tabpages
• On vDisk tabpage new Storage IO Allocation Information
• On vHost tabpage new fields: service tag (serial #) and OEM specific string
• On vNic tabpage new field: Name of (distributed) virtual switch
• On vMultipath tabpage added multipath info for path 5, 6, 7 and 8
• On vHealth tabpage new health check: Multipath operational state
• On vHealth tabpage new health check: Virtual machine consolidation needed check
• On vInfo tabpage new fields: boot options, firmware and Scheduled Hardware Upgrade Info
• On statusbar last refresh date time stamp
• On vHealth tabpage: Search datastore errors are now visible as health messages
• You can now export the csv files separately from the command line interface (just like the xls export)
• You can now set a auto refresh data interval in the preferences dialog box
• All datetime columns are now formatted as yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss
• The export dir / filenames now have a formated datetime stamp yyyy-mm-dd_hh:mm:ss
• Bug fix: on dvPort tabpage not all networks are displayed
• Overall improved debug information