- Best practices to install or upgrade to VMware ESXi 6.0 (KB2109712)
- VMware vSphere® Distributed Switch Best Practices
- Installing vCenter Server 6.0 best practices (KB2107948)
- Oracle Databases on VMware Best Practices Guide
- VMware Desktop and Applications Virtualization Best Practices
- VMware vCenter Server™ 6.0 Deployment Guide
- VMware vCenter Server™ 6.0 Performance and Best Practices
- VMware® Virtual SAN™ 6.0 Design and Sizing Guide
- VMware® Virtual SAN™ Design and Sizing Guide for Horizon View Virtual Desktop.
Flings are apps and tools built by VMware engineers that are intended to be played with and explored.
Why Flings? A Fling is a short-term thing, not a serious relationship but a fun one. Likewise, the tools that are offered here are intended to be played with and explored. None of them are guaranteed to become part of any future product offering and there is no support for them. They are, however, totally free for you to download and play around with them!
VMware Security Hardening Guides
Security Hardening Guides provide prescriptive guidance for customers on how to deploy and operate VMware products in a secure manner. Guides for vSphere are provided in an easy to consume spreadsheet format, with rich metadata to allow for guideline classification and risk assessment. They also include script examples for enabling security automation. Comparison documents are provided that list changes in guidance in successive versions of the guide.